Statement of Goals
To foster a positive self-image in children, helping them to feel secure, independent, confident and happy.
- To inspire a love of learning.
- To recognize and value each child’s strengths and to offer appropriate developmental challenges.
- To cultivate an appreciation of each person’s potential, interests and worth.
- To build community and encourage care and respect for all living things.
- The Winfield Children’s House offers a Montessori-based, developmental program of learning for infant through kindergarten age children.
- The intention of our program is to foster a love of learning and inspire children to be caring, socially responsible citizens of their community and world.
Our program is rich in meaningful experiences which nurture the child’s sense of self and is based on the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. For Dr. Montessori and for Winfield Children’s House, education is preparation for life.